This curry which my mom makes (ofcourse I do the same thing too) is simple curry which is a good combination with roti. It can also be had with rice.
Sorakaya - 1 - peeled and chopped
Onion - 1 large
Tomato - 1 large
Red chilli powder/green chillies - according to your taste
Salt to taste
Dhania/Coriander powder - 1 table spoon
mustard seeds - 1 small tea spoon
Jeera/Cumin - 1 small tea spoon
Turmeric - 1/2 or 1 small tea spoon
Method of preparation
1. Take a kadai/pan. Add oil to it. Let it heat and then add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
2. Add Jeera to it. Add curry leaves and green chillies (if any).
3. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
4. Now add Sorakaya(doodhi) to it. Add turmeric, red chilli powder, dhania powder. Cover and cook till the sorakaya is almost done.
5. Add salt, tomatos with very little water. After 5 minutes or till everything is cooked, turn off heat and garnish with coriander.