Wednesday, April 22, 2009
This is my favorite laddoo. These laddoos are generally made at Batukamma festival (a 9 day festival which comes before Dussehra navratri).
My mom got pesarupindi from India. It is generally made in the mills or Ghirni places. We roast a little moong dal and then take it to Ghirni place outside to make it good and smooth powder.
I think you can even make the powder in normal grinder also. So here goes the recipe:
Pesaru pindi (Moong dal powder) - 1 cup
Grinded sugar (or confectioner's sugar) - 1 cup
Ghee - to make laddoos
Method of Preparation:
Mix the moong dal powder, sugar in a bowl.
Heat the ghee and add it to the above powder.
Make laddoos by taking the mixed kind of solid powder in hands and pressing softly to make it to balls shape.
Your mouth watering and tasty laddoos are ready.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Toor Dal (or any dal you like)
Tamarind paste (1-2 spoons, depending on how sour you like)
Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Cook Toor dal or any dal you like.
2. Take a vessel, Add 2-3 tea spoons of oil to it (just enough to fry onions). Add mustard seeds, and let them splutter. Add Jeera, green chillies, red chillies and garlic to it. let garlic fry a little bit (it changes color, but dont burn it by frying it until it gets black).
3. Add Asafoetida a pinch to above. Now add onions and after they are fried a little add Tomato and tamarind paste to it.
4. Add Salt, turmeric, palak to above. mix it. After two minutes add cooked dal and mix it.
5. Heat it for another 2-3 minutes and then remove it. Your dal is ready. You can garnish with Coriander on top. For nice smell and taste you can also add curry leaves while doing tadka.
Our Dinner plate last night: Palakura pappu (Palak Dal), Capsicum curry with Besan, Black pepper soup (Miriyala Charu) and Rice.
Palak Dal is ready to be served now. you can garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Roti or Rice.
1. For those who have stones in Kidneys or who have been treated before for stones in kidneys, avoid the combination of Spinach and tomato. While making this dal do not add tomatos.
2. For those who do not eat garlic can avoid using garlic in the above recipe.
3. Either you can add tamarind directly while doing tadka or you can use the tamarind juice 1 spoon instead.