Cooked Rice - a little over 2 cups (I used basmati rice)
Chole - 1 and 1/2 cup of cooked chole
Red Onion - 1 - cut in lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste/Ginger - small bit grated
Tomato - 1
Bay leaves - 2
Cinnamon stick - 1
Pav bhaji masala - 1-2 spoons (increase the quantity if you need more)
Chaat masala - 1 spoon
Jeera - 1 spoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 spoons (I am not big of oil fan so I use less. Increase the quantity if you like it)
Method of preparation
(1) Add oil to a pan which can fit rice, Add Bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
(2) I am a big fan of jeera so I keep adding it in all recipes. If you want to have a rich taste, add teh shahi jeera instead of regular one.
(3) Add Onions. If you like Ginger garlic paste add it at this point. Let the stuff fry a little or until raw smell is gone.
(4) Add tomatos and the Masala's to it now. Add chole after a minute of adding tomato's.
(5) Mix and cook until the tomatos liquid is gone and the oil used is oozing out. (This should take probably 2-4 minutes, depending on the stove and its energy)
(6) Mix the cooked rice to it. and your yummy rice is ready. I would suggest serving with a small dollop of yogurt and some cucumber salad on side. Enjoy!!!!