This recipe was taught by my mother-in-law. This pickle/chutney stays for a longer time than the usual ones(which is generally 2-3 days).
Method of Preparation
1. Chop the tomato's (can be even bigger size too).
2. Add a Oil in a vessel. After the Oil is heated, add the tomato's to it.
3. Add Salt and Turmeric to it, and mix it. Add Tamarind also to it.
4. After the Tomato's are cooked, (you will know this, when the oil slowly starts showing up above the tomato's) spread the Red Chilli Powder on it. Mix it thoroughly so that the chilli powder mixes with the above mixture.
5. Let the mixture cool down and store it in a dry clean bottle.
If you want to retain taste and color through out the usage of long lasting pickles, put it in refrigrator.