These are some simple recipes I wanted to share with you all.
Beerakaya - 2-3 in number
Chana Dal/Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Tomato - 1 small
Onion - 1 small (Optional)
Coriander Powder - 1/2 Table spoon (Optional)
Green Chillies - 2 or 3 (Optional)
Chilli Powder - 1 Table spoon(varies depending upon your spicy taste)
Turmeric - 1/4 Table spoon
Jeera - 1 small Table spoon
Salt to taste
Curd - 1-3 table spoons (optional)
Coriander - chopped to decorate
Method of Preparation
1. Soak Chana dal/ Moong dal in water for 5-10 minutes. Chop everything and keep it ready
2. Add oil in a kadai/vessel. let the oil get heat.
3. Add jeera and optionally mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and green chillies.
4. If you add mustard seeds, let it splutter then add all the ingredients except curd.
5. Add water to above, cover and cook until 5-8 minutes or until the ridge gourd is cooked.
6. Add curd and garnish with coriander and serve it hot with Rice or roti.
Time for Preparation: 10 - 15 minutes
Beerakaya - Ridge gourd
Coriander Powder - Dhania powder
Jeera - Cumin Seeds