Its been long time that I actually posted something on my blog. I swtiched my job and was busy adjusting with new place. So here I am back with my recipes again. I was trying this second time last sunday. As my experimentation with gongura goes on, my love it is also increasing. :) Nice ha.... so lets see the simplest recipe of the gongura rice.
Gongura - 1-2 Bunches
Red Onions - 2 medium sized or 1 big size
Green chillies - Cut vertically 3-5 (depending upon the spicy level)
Coriander Powder - 1/2 - 1 table spoon (Optional)
Cumin Seeds - 1 table spoon
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Take a vessel, and add oil to it.
2. Add Jeera and Green chillies after the oil is heated.
3. Add onions and let it fry till golden.
4. Add Gongura and fry for less than a minute or so. Add Salt to it.
5. Add the cooked rice to the above. Serve hot with curd and any spicy curry.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (apart from rice cooking)
Category: Rice varieties
Gongura = Sour Greens
Cumin Seeds = Jeera
Shall post some pictures soon.