Friday, September 22, 2006
Tomatillo - 6-8 (small)
Carrots - 1
Green Chillies - 2-3 (depending on spice level)
Red Chillies - 2
Turmeric - 1/4 Table Spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Table Spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Table Spoon
Asafoetida - a pinch
Urad Dal - 2 Table Spoons
Chana Dal - 2 Table Spoons
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Take a kadai, switch on the stove and keep on top of it. Add oil to it.
2. Let the oil get heated and add mustard seeds, jeera, Asafoetida.
3. Add Urad Dal, Chana Dal, Green Chillies, Red Chillies and fry for few seconds.
4. Now add Chopped Tomatillo and Carrots to the above.
5. Add Turmeric and mix it with spatula. Cover it and cook it for 5 minutes or till the carrots and tomatillo are cooked.
6. Add salt at the end and let it cool.
7. Grind the above and garnish with coriander and serve.
Method of Preparation: 15 minutes
Category: Side Dishes (Chutneys)