Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Allam Pachadi/Ginger Pickle
Ginger (Allam) - Small quanity (around 50 grams)
Red chillies (endu mirapakayalu)
Urad dal (Minapapappu)
Mustard Seeds (aavalu)
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Grind the ginger, jaggery, tamarind with very little water.
2. Add little oil and fry red chillies, dhania, fenugreek seeds, urad dal.
3. Add the above and grind with the process at step # 1. Add salt to taste.
2. Do tadka/popu with little oil and then add mustard seeds.
3. Let it splutter and add urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves and decorate on top.
This chutney is a good combination for dosa, pesarattu.