Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Tindora Curry/Dondakaya Curry
I used Frozen tindora for this recipe, I think it will taste good even cooked with fresh tindora's.
Dondakaya (Tindora) - 2 packets
Onion - 2 medium sized
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder - Adjust to your spice level
Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon or even less
For preparing paste:
Dhania (Coriander Seeds)
Peanuts - very few
Method of Preparation
1. Take a kadai and add oil to it. After oil is heated, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
2. Add chopped onions and Tindora at the same time.
3. Add turmeric and let it cook. After 5 minutes add salt to it and let the tindoras cook well.
4. Meanwhile take a small pan and fry all the ingredients under paste (except tamarind paste) for a minute or two or until the coconut looses its raw smell.
5. Grind the paste ingredients along with tamarind paste with little water.
6. Once Tindora is done add above paste to the cooked tindora and let it fry for 5 - 10 minutes or until it is mingled well. You can add more water it you want it to be a little liquidish. Your Tindora Curry is ready.