Simple and tasty to eat. I love the french cut green beans in frozen section, we get in stores like Giant, safeway, shoppers or some asian stores. They are thin and a little long. They taste wonderful and here is the simple recipe to make it fast and eat.
French cut green beans
Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
Chana dal - 2 table spoons
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder
Turmeric - 1/2 table spoon or less
Grated Coconut (I used the frozen one we get in indian stores, you can use fresh also).
Cilantro (for garnishing)
Method of Preparation
1. Take the french cut green beans and put it under water so that all the extra ice gets melts away.
2. Take a kadai, add oil to it. Add Jeera after the oil is heated.
3. Add chana dal to it. Add Onions (if you want to ). After they turn golden, add the beans.
4. Add turmeric, red chilli powder. Cover it and let it stand for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Salt, tomatos to it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add coconut, let it leave the smell of raw coconut and then turn off the heat.
7. Garnish it with Coriander leaves (Cilantro) and serve.
This curry is good with both Rice and roti.
In my opinion, this curry tastes good than the normal beans curry we cook. So try it and let me know how you feel.