Thursday, September 17, 2009
Kesar annam/Kesar baath
Well one of my favourite snack I should say. I used to ask my mom to make it in the afternoon whenever I was longing to have sweet. Easy to make and yummy to eat.
Ghee very little (to fry dry fruits)
Kesar food color (or yellow orange food color)
laung (lavangam, Clove)- 2 - 5
Elaichi powdered - 1/2-1 teaspoon
Dry fruits - cashew, raisins (optional)
Milk - 1 tablespoon
Method of preparation
1. Cook rice normally as generally do
2. Do the paakam by adding sugar in a bowl and then little water
3. Take a vessel and add little ghee. Fry the dry fruits and keep aside.
4. Now in the same ghee add clove and then rice along with sugar syrup.
5. Now add food color to the milk and mix well. little food color is sufficiant (almost 1/4 tea spoon probably).
6. Add the above to the rice mixture along with elaichi powder.
7. After 5 minutes you can turn off heat and add dry fruits and serve.