Sorakaya - 1/2 - 1 no. long (peeled and chopped)
Cauliflower - 1/2 - 1 no. (seperated into small florets)
Tomato - 2 no.
Onion - one small
Carrot - 1 small - optional ( I grated it but you can choose your own style)
Red chilli powder/Red chillies - according to your taste
turmeric - 1/2 tea spoon
Oil - 3-4 table spoons
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
Salt - 1 - 2 table spoons
Method of preparation
1. Take a kadai and put it on stove (switched on obviously :) ).
2. Add oil to it. Once oil is heated add jeera to it and onions if desired.
3. Once onions become little translucent, add sorakaya(doodhi), cauliflower and carrots. Remember not to turn excessly as cauliflowers may become mushy very easily.
4. Add turmeric and red chilli powder. and turn once.
5. Once the vegetables are almost cooked, add salt and tomatos and heat it for another 2-4 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander and curry leaves and serve it with rice or roti.