When I went to kitchen in the morning, I saw rice remaining from yesterday. Then I remembered one of my favourite recipe which is called Annam Poni. Annam = Rice, Poni = Popu or talimpu or Tadka. I mix some vegetabes to make it tasty, healthy and good. Here is the recipe:
Rice - 1 1/2 cup (can use fresh rice also)
Oil - 2 table spoons
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 table spoon
Jeera - 1 table spoon
Green Chillies - depends on your spice level (I generally use 3-4 if not spicy)
Chana Dal - 1 table spoon
Urad Dal - 1 table spoon
Lemon Juice 2 table spoon
Turmeric - a pinch
Salt to Taste
Optional: (the quantities below depends on how do you want output to be :). If you like more vegetables then add more vegetables quantity than rice else just add very few.)
Method of Preparation
1. Seperate the rice, by smashing it with the hand.
2. Heat Oil in kadai. Do the tadka (add mustard seeds, Jeera, Chana Dal, Urad Dal).
3. Add green chillies, Onions. Add vegetables and let it cook. Add turmeric.
4. Add salt sufficiantly for rice too. Add lemon juice also.
5. Add rice to the above and heat for 2 minutes. Your vegetable rice is ready.