Monday, November 19, 2007

Vada

I tried the normal vada this time. It came out very good. This is my husband's one of favourite. Easy to make and yummy to eat. Initially I was unable to make the round but by the time I reached end, I was fast and got the technique of how to make the shape of vada's. :)
The next things to try in my list are Masala Vada and Dahi Wada.

Ingredients
Urad Dal - Soaked overnight (or atleast 3 hours)
Baking Soda - a pinch
Salt to Taste
Oil - for frying

Method of Preparation
1. Grind the soaked urad dal with as much little water as possible. Add the salt and baking soda and keep aside.

2. Put Oil in kadai for deep frying and let me heat.

3. Take a platic cover or if you are good, you can make it on hand. I would suggest for first time/initial preparation use a plastic cover. Apply some oil on a side.

4. Take a small lump of the paste made in step 1. then put that on the plastic cover where you applied oil. Spread it with your hand so that it forms a round shape. Put a small hole in between, to make it totally of Vada shape.

5. Tilt the cover slowly and take the vada into your hand. Slowly put it in the heated oil. Careful not to touch the oil and should not drop it from long height too, as there is chance of spilling the oil.

6. Fry for a minute or two. Move the vadas to other side in between. When both sides turn golden red or brown, remove it. Your vada's are ready to serve.

Serve them with Peanut/Coconut Chutney and with Sambar.

Note: Shall post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

FH said...

My husband's fave too, enjoy!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails