Friday, December 03, 2010
Tomato Tupp curry
Jeera (cumin seeds)
Onions - 1 (chopped lengthwise or small)
cashew paste/powder - 1 spoon
poppy seeds - 1-2 table spoons
Oil - 3 table spoons
Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Method of preparation
1) clean the grape tomato's and put an X mark with knife on top of the tomato'ss so that the gravy and taste will be nicely blended with tomato's.
2) Take the poppy seeds with very little water (probably 1 tablespoon water for 2 table spoons of poppy seeds or a little more). Grind it into a nice paste.
3) Now take a kadai/pan and add oil to it. Let it heat and now add cumins seeds to it. Now add onions and saute them until they become translucent or golden brown. Do not over cook it.
4) Now add the X marked grape tomatos to it. Let it cook for a minute or two covered. Now add the popy seeds paste, red chilli powder, salt and water to it (for gravy).
5) Give it two more minutes and then add cashew powder or paste. Add enough water to it, because cashew powder thickens the gravy. If desired, add a spoon or two of yogurt to it for nice taste.
6) Once tomato's are cooked, which means you curry is ready to serve. Transfer the curry into a serving bowl and garnish with deep fried onions and coriander.
This curry goes good with rice or roti or parathas. So enjoy it with anything you like. Let me know if you find it good. Thanks for trying.
Labels: Special Curries