Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Simple Beans Curry
Beans - Cleaned and chopped
Oil - 4-5 table spoons
Mustard seeds - 1/2 table spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 table spoon
Chana Dal - 3-5 table spoons (depending upon your taste)
Turmeric - a pinch
Red Chilli Powder - 2 table spoons (depending upon your spicy level, this varies)
Coconut - fresh, grated or frozen is also fine
Tomato - 1/2 piece (optional)
Salt to Taste
Method Of Preparation:
1. Clean and chop the beans.
2. Take a pan/kadai and pour oil in it.
3. Once the oil is heated, add Mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
4. Add Cumin seeds, Chana dal. Let the dal change color(or roasted).
5. Add beans and cook for around 5 minutes or until the beans is almost cooked.
6. Add Turmeric, Chilli powder and grated Coconut and stir it.
7. Now add salt and tomato. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Category: Main Coarse (Curries)
Labels: Simple Curries