Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Gongura Leaves - 1 or 2 Bunches
Onions – 1 big
Garlic - 3-4 in number
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - 1 Table Spoon
Turmeric - a pinch
Oil - 3-5 Table Spoons
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Blanch the leaves of Gongura and clean them. Chop them if desired.
2. Take a kadai/vessel and put it on stove. Add oil to the kadai.
3. When the oil is heated, add the Jeera, Green chillies and Garlic. Let the garlic turn slightly golden color.
4. Add the Onions and fry them till they become transparent or light brown. Add the turmeric.
5. Add the gongura leaves and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the gongura is cooked properly.
6. Gongura curry will be ready to serve.