Tuesday, June 06, 2006
This recipe is from a Telugu daily paper called "Eenadu". I thought this is a real simple recipe. So tried it at home and loved it. Try it and tell me how it is...
Onions - 4 big chopped
Tamarind - small piece
Turmeric - 1/2 Table Spoon
Chilli Powder - 1 Table Spoon
Coriander Powder - 1 Table Spoon
Methi Powder - 1/2 Table Spoon
Salt to Taste
Jaggery - (Optional)
Method of Preparation
1. Soak Tamarind in little bit of water for 15 minutes. Squeeze the Juice out of it and keep it aside.
2. Fry Onions in little bit of oil for a minute or two or until they are tender.
3. Add Turmeric, tamarind pulp to the onions and mix well.
4. Add all the rest of powders and grind it in a mixer for once or twice. Make sure that onion do not become totally paste.
5. Do tadka with all the ingredients mentioned under Tadka/Popu.
6. Add tadka to the onion mixture. and your Chutney is ready.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Category: Side Dish (Pickles/Chutney's)
If you like sweet in food, then add jaggery while grinding. I used red onions so I did not use jaggery, but if yellow onions are used then use jaggery as it gives nice taste to it.