Brinjal - Chopped
Methi leaves - Chopped
Spring Onions (Optional)
Salt to Taste
Mustard seeds (Optional)
Cumin Seeds - 1 Table Spoon
Chana Dal - 1 Table Spoon
Urad dal - 2 Table Spoons
Mint leaves - 4-5
Asafoetida - a pinch
Method of Preparation
1. Chop the brinjal, Methi leaves, Spring Onions Tomato and keep aside.
2. Take a kadai(Vessel), pour little oil in it. Wait until the oil is heated.
3. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, mint leaves asafoetida. Can add garlic cloves also.
4. Add Methi leaves and spring onion to the tadka.
5. Let it fry for a minute or so. Add Brinjal to it.
6. Add turmeric, Chilli powder and Coriander powder to the above. Mix it and let it cook for 5 minutes or till brinjal is done.
7. Add Tomato and Salt to taste at the end.
8. Your methi brinjal is ready for lunch or dinner. This can be served with Chapati or Rice.
Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes(depends on the tenderness of brinjal)
Category: Main Coarse (Curries)
1. Can add chopped garlic to tadka.
2. Can add Curry leaves. Curry leaves give good smell as well as good taste to food.