Dont mistake by the name that it contains some kind of alcohol or anything. Pizza Margarita is the pizza name. I learned this from one of my cousin, Hema. The pictures are also from her Kichen. Thanks Hema for nice recipe.
To make crust
All Purpose Floor - Maida - 4-5 cups
Yeast - 1 packet
Sugar - 1 Table Spoon
Salt to Taste
Water - to make batter
Olive Oil - 3 Table Spoons
For Toppings (Topings can be varied according to your own taste)
Tomato Paste - Mandatory
Green Peppers (Capsicum)
Jalepenos dipped in Vinegar
Method of Preparation
1. Add Yeast to 3/4 cup warm water. The water will bubble up a lot. Then add a table spoon of Sugar, Salt and 2 table spoons of Olive Oil.
2. Mix it well. Add the all purpose floor to the mix. Make sure it wont form lumps. Keep it covered with wet cloth or wet kichen towel(paper towel). Keep it in warm place like oven/Microwave so that the temparature is maintained at a contant level.
3. Keep the above until the batter doubles.
1. Take the pizza pan, apply butter to the surface and sprinkle the all purpose floor on the pan.
2. Spread the all purpose floor through out the pan and Dust it.
3. Keep the pan aside. Now take the batter on a flat surface. Spread all purpose floor and press it with hand or belan to make it round shape. It can also be made in any shape desired. press it to make thick or thin depending upon the type of pizza you desire.
4. Spread the flattenned batter (kind of big roti) on the pizza pan.
5. Take a little olive oil and apply it through out the surface of the pizza batter.
6. Spread the Tomato Paste. Add the sliced garlic, at this point if you want. Sprinkle Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Now arrange the green pepper, yellow pepper, onions, mushrooms, olives and basil on the pizza.
8. Now Spread the Mozarella and Cheddar cheese one by one.
9. Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees. Put the pizza pan inside the oven for 15 minutes(if it is medium sized pizza, add more minutes or till it is done for large pizza's).
10. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking time
+ 15 minutes preparation time
+ 15-60 minutes waiting time.
Category: Main Coarse
Servings: 4 persons
1. Do not put normal Jalepenos from store as it will be too hot that you cannot eat it. Try using the Jalepenos dipped in Vinegar which will give us the same taste when we order from outside.
2. For Cheese Pizza you can avoid all the toppings except for Tomato Paste and Cheese.
3. If the Yeast is not active, the bubbles will not come when you add it to warm water. Sugar is food for yeast. So by adding sugar the yeast will still help batter to become double the quantity.
4. Fry onions in a very little Olive oil if it is yellow onions. Since Red Onions are sweet we dont need to do this procedure.