Onions - 1-2 (Optional)
Tomatos - 3-5
Kaju Powder (Optional)
Salt to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Boil and peel the baby potatoes and prick the potatoes a lot so that the gravy can be absorbed even inside the potatoes.
2. Add a little oil to kadai. Roast Coconut, Ginger, Garlic, Coriander Seeds, Cumin seeds, Kaju Powder or Kaju in that oil for 2-3 minutes or until they become little roasted.
3. Wet grind the above mixture by adding enough water.
4. Grind all the tomatoes and keep aside.
5. In the meanwhile, take a kadai/Vessel. Pour little oil. Add cumin seeds and Onions. Fry the onions till they become transparent/little brown.
6. Add the wet grinded mixture to the onions. Let it fry for 5-10 minutes so that the raw smell of coconut/grinded mixture goes away. Now add the grinded Tomato mixture. Let this cook for about 15 minutes or till the tomato raw smell goes away.
7. Add Salt to taste. Add the Potatoes at this point and close the lid. Let this mixture cook for enough time so that the potatoes grab the taste of the gravy.
8. Turn off the heat when the potatoes slightly catch the color of the gravy. Our dinner was Dum Aloo with Phulka last night.
Preparation Time: 40-50 minutes
Category: Main Coarse (Curries)
This goes well with Roti or paratha.