The following pictures are taken by my cousin Sreelatha. I will post the recipe soon. Thanks to her for all the effort. I did taste those laddoos and they are awesome. for those who long for sweet and want some healthy stuff, go ahead and try these laddoos, they are healthy too because there is no artificial sweetner or sugar in it.
A pictorial view:
In the making
Look at my nakhre...
Here is the recipe for dates laddoo:
Dates 2 cups
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
4 tbps of dried cococunt
2 tbps of poppy seeds
1 tbps of Butter
Method of preparation
1. Cut the dates and figs into small pieces and cook in a spoon of butter, until well done.
2. Toast the nuts and poppy seeds and make it into powder to desired bite level (fine powder to little bits, its upto individual preference how coarse or fine the powder need to be).
3. Toast dates and figs also. After toasting them you can grind them to desired consistency.
4. Add the grinded dates, nuts, coconut and poppy seeds in a pan. Make sure you get the desired consistency for rolling the mixture into a laddoo shape.
5. Roll it some dried coconut after making laddoo shape. Your laddoos are ready to serve or eat instantly.
Note: you can replace coconut powder for rolling with some colored sugar or rainbow sprinkles for attracting kids or to look fancier. Good luck.
Thanks to sonakka for the recipe and photos in the post.