Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Rasmalai with Ricotta Cheese

I read lot of recipes online for the above. I was not sure which one to follow. So I combined some of the recipes with what I have at home to make Rasmalai. I got Ricotta cheese from store and wanted to try for Thanksgiving. So I did the same. Although an experiment it came out good and I like it. The taste of it is much similar to the indian one...... but with slight tinge of non-indian flavor as we generally see/taste in our everyday recipes. So here it goes on how I made it.

Ingredients
Ricotta cheese - 1 can
Condensed milk - 1 can (I used fat-free)
Confectioner sugar - 1 cup
Milk Powder - 1 packet
silvered almonds - 1 packet
Whipped Cream - 1 or 2 boxes (I used fat-free, also depends on if you want to use it or not. You can always replace it with milk).


Method of preparation
1. Add Ricotta cheese along with confectioner sugar and 1/2 packet of milk powder. Mix them all well to a smooth paste. I added some silvered almonds on the top of the rasmalai to look good.

2. I did not have a muffin pan as one of the blogs suggested so I used the muffin cup layers and add a small amount of above mixture.

3. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Now put the above ready plate into it and then heat it until it is slightly cooked or until it turns very light brown at bottom. DO NOT OVERHEAT OR MAKE IT TURN BROWN, because that would not taste good.


4. Prepare the milk to pour on rasmalai in the mean time. Add whipped cream, slightly boiled milk. (I heated the milk in microwave, good enought that it is more than warm. Mix them both and also combine the condensed milk. Taste the milk mix and add sugar if needed. For thicker gravy or solution, add whipped cream and condensed milk. If you like it little liquidish type, then add milk to above according to your taste. Add silvered almonds to the milk mixture.



5. After the rasmalai is done, carefully remove it from the bake and dip them in milk prepared. Or you can take a bowl arrange the baked rasmalai's and then pour milk on top of them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails